International Classification of Diseases Technical Group
The International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Technical Group (ITG) is an advisory group that provides technical input and expert advice with respect to the development and refinement of the following:
- the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- the Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- the Australian Coding Standards (ACS).
Collectively this is known as the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system.
The membership includes representation from:
- Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- State and territory health authorities
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare (the Commission)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
- Australian Private Hospitals Association (APHA)
- Catholic Health Australia (CHA)
- Clinical Coders’ Society of Australia (CCSA)
- Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Classifications Clinical Advisory Group (CCAG)
- National Health Data and Information Standards Committee (NHDISC)
- New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Private Healthcare Australia (PHA).
ITG receives updates on the activities of the Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) Technical Group (DTG) to ensure the admitted care classifications are developed to integrate, as the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) classification system is underpinned by the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system.