Diagnosis Related Groups Technical Group
The Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) Technical Group (DTG) is an advisory group that provides technical input and expert advice with respect to the development and refinement of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) classification system.
The membership includes representation from:
- Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- State and territory health authorities
- Australian Private Hospitals Association (APHA)
- Catholic Health Australia (CHA)
- Classifications Clinical Advisory Group (CCAG)
- Clinical Coding Expert representative (Health Information Management Association of Australia) (HIMAA)
- New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Private Healthcare Australia (PHA).
DTG receives updates on the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Technical Group (ITG) to ensure the admitted care classifications are developed to integrate, as the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) classification system is underpinned by the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system.