All interested parties are encouraged to submit their feedback during this consultation process to help inform IHPA’s Work Program for the 2018-19 financial year.
IHPA is an independent government agency established by the Commonwealth as part of the National Health Reform Act 2011. A key component of the Act is for IHPA to determine a Work Program for the coming financial year.
The draft Work Program 2018-19 outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes and includes the following key deliverables:
- determination of the National Efficient Price and National Efficient Cost for public hospital services
- Activity Based Funding classification system development and revision
- management of the international sales of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) system.
The public consultation process demonstrates IHPA’s ongoing partnership with a broad range of stakeholders to improve the value of the public investment in hospital care.
Some of the key achievements from IHPA’s Work Program for 2017-18 include:
- development of the Australian Modification of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases 10th Edition
- completion of the costing study of teaching, training and research activities
- IHPA’s Activity Based Funding Conference 2017 and the 33rd Patient Classification Systems International Conference 2017.
IHPA reports on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report.
– ENDS –