IHPA is an independent government agency established by the Commonwealth as part of the National Health Reform Act 2011 (Act). A key component of the Act is for IHPA to determine a Work Program for the coming financial year.
The Work Program 2017-18 outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes and includes the following key deliverables:
- Development of the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2018-19.
- Determination of the National Efficient Price and National Efficient Cost for public hospital services.
- Patient classification system development and revision.
- Development of data requirements and standards.
- Support of ABF research and education.
- Management of the international sales of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) system.
- Resolution of cross-border disputes and assessment of cost-shifting disputes between jurisdictions.
IHPA reports on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report. The Work Program 2017-18 is available at www.ihacpa.gov.au.
– ENDS –