Data set specifications 2023–24
The Independent Health and Aged Care Pricing Authority (IHACPA) is responsible for determining relevant data set specifications to enable activity based funding. The specifications have been developed in collaboration with IHACPA’s committees and working groups.
All data set specifications are accessed via METEOR, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s metadata online registry.
Admitted patient care
Below are links to data set specifications for admitted patient care.
• Admitted patient care NMDS 2023–24
• Admitted subacute and non-acute hospital care NBEDS 2023–24
Below are links to the data set specifications for emergency care.
• Non-admitted patient emergency department care NMDS 2023–24
• Emergency service care NBEDS 2023–24
• Emergency service care aggregate NBEDS 2023–24
Mental health care
Below is the link to data set specifications for mental health care.
• Activity based funding: Mental health care NBEDS 2023–24
Below is the link to data set specifications for non-admitted care.
• Non-admitted patient NBEDS 2023–24
Teaching, training and research
Below is the link to data set specifications for teaching, training and research.
• Hospital teaching, training and research activities NBEDS 2023–24
Individual Healthcare Identifier
Below is the link to data set specifications for the Individual Healthcare Identifier.
• Individual Healthcare Identifier NBEDS 2023–24