Towards an Aged Care Pricing Framework Consultation Paper Fact Sheet
Date published: 15 September 2022
The Independent Health and Aged Care Pricing Authority (IHACPA) relies on a consultative, transparent and evidence-based approach in the development of its pricing for public hospital services. IHACPA is committed to these same principles in developing its aged care costing and pricing advice.
The Towards an Aged Care Pricing Framework Consultation Paper outlines IHACPA’s proposed principles and approach for developing costing and pricing advice and seeks feedback on a range of matters.
- proposed pricing principles for developing aged care costing and pricing advice
- developing pricing advice for residential aged care
- adjustments to the residential aged care price
- the new Australian National Aged Care Classification funding model for residential aged care and residential respite care
- priorities for future developments and areas of work.