ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition - ACS 0002 Additional Diagnoses Fact Sheet
Date published: 15 September 2022
Collecting data is an important part of understanding and improving health services. Admitted patient care data collections capture information on patients, their conditions and the care provided by health services.
The conditions documented in the health care record in Australian hospitals are reported in data collections using the ICD‑10‑AM according to the guidelines in the ACS.
The topics covered in this fact sheet include:
- Collecting information on patients in hospital
- National data collection for admitted patient care
- What is an additional diagnosis?
- When is an additional diagnosis assigned?
- Resources to support assigning additional diagnoses
- Designing ACS 0002 Additional diagnoses for Twelfth Edition
- ACS 0002 pilot exercise used to refine usability
- Structure of ACS 0002 Additional diagnoses
- Navigating additional diagnoses criteria.