The webinar focused on the recently released Consultation Paper on Bundling Arrangements for General Use Items on the Prostheses List, which was open for public comment until 12 October 2022.
In this session, participants had the opportunity to learn about the key considerations in the consultation paper and engage with IHACPA about its role in Prostheses List reforms.
- Wednesday 21 September 2022
- 12pm – 1pm AEST
- Ms Joanne Fitzgerald, Acting Chief Executive Officer, IHACPA
- Prof Kees van Gool, Executive Director, Pricing and Analytics, IHACPA
- Dr Trent Yeend, Senior Data Scientist, IHACPA
About this session
As part of reforms currently being undertaken to the Prostheses List and its arrangements, the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care has requested that IHACPA provide advice on bundling arrangements for General Use Items.
The purpose of this advice is to support the private health sector in establishing alternative arrangements for the payment of benefits for these items once they are removed from the Prostheses List on 1 July 2023.
To support the formulation of this advice, IHACPA released its Consultation Paper on Bundling Arrangements for General Use Items on the Prostheses List and invited participants to join a live webinar to discuss the key matters in the consultation, including:
- the data sources used to ensure that advice is evidence-based
- the classification systems used to define bundles that are meaningful and fit-for-purpose
- other issues of relevance relating to the purchase and utilisation of General Use Items.
The development of advice on alternative bundling arrangements for General Use Items will be informed by feedback to this consultation paper.
Following the release of IHACPA’s advice, a second online stakeholder forum will take place on January 2023 to present IHACPA’s advice and invite discussion on its interpretation and use within the private health sector.