ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition education
IHACPA Education Modules
The ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system is used for classifying admitted patient care and comprises the following:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS).
There are 18 interactive online modules that cover the key changes for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and an introductory module to guide users on how to engage with the content.
Each module will take between 10 and 30 minutes to complete and are compatible with multiple browsers. While it is useful to have already purchased the classification books for Twelfth Edition, the module content may be completed without access to the classification.
Modules are self-paced and include knowledge checks and end-of-module quizzes.
Users will need to create an account to access the modules and to generate a certificate of completion.
To begin, use the following steps:
- access IHACPA Learn
- select the tile 'ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition Education'
- register your details
- navigate to the Introduction module
- complete the remaining 18 content related modules.
Please note: Upon registering on the IHACPA Learn website you may be prompted to review the settings of your browser to ensure an optimal experience. Please seek advice from your system administrator if your settings are not compliant with the requirements.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition Education is an education stream hosted on the IHACPA Learn platform.
New users to IHACPA Learn must register their details, and then are able to track their progress of learning. Please note that the login details for IHACPA Learn are not the same as the details for the Australian Classification Exchange (ACE) website.
A list of commonly asked questions is available from the Help menu on IHACPA Learn.
Education fact sheets
To support the implementation of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition, a number of fact sheets have been developed to assist in the understanding of key updates.
- Education fact sheet – ACS 0002 Additional diagnoses
- Education fact sheet – Classifying COVID-19 vaccinations
- Education fact sheet – Social factors