Development of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Thirteenth Edition and AR-DRG Version 12.0
Date published: 2 November 2023
The Independent Health and Aged Care Pricing Authority (IHACPA) released its consultation paper on the development ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Thirteenth Edition and AR-DRG Version 12.0 from Thursday 2 November 2023 to Friday 1 December 2023.
The consultation paper outlines the major changes for new editions of the classifications used in admitted care:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS); collectively known as the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRGs).
IHACPA invited all interested stakeholders to provide feedback on the major changes proposed for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Thirteenth Edition and AR-DRG Version 12.0.
IHACPA recognises the importance of engaging a broad audience in this consultation process.
Submissions for this consultation closed at 5pm AEST on Friday 1 December 2023.
Submissions to the consultation paper
Unless respondents specifically request that their submission or parts of their submission should not be released, all submissions will be published on IHACPA’s website after the close of the consultation period.
IHACPA retains, at its absolute discretion, the right not to publish any submissions or part thereof, where it considers it appropriate to do so. Circumstances in which IHACPA may consider making the decision not to publish either the whole submission or part thereof, include that the submission:
- may contain information that is commercially sensitive.
- is factually contentious – that is, contains data, methodologies or processes that are questionable.
- raises individual privacy concerns.
Digital submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred formats include Word, PDF or RTF. If the content has been emailed to IHACPA in an email format the submission will be reproduced in a Word format for publication.
Handwritten and typed hard copy submissions can be mailed to:
Independent Health and Aged Care Pricing Authority
PO Box 483
Darlinghurst NSW 1300.
Handwritten and typed hard copy submissions will be scanned into PDF documents and uploaded to this page.